Wednesday 24 December, 2008

IRPOF UNITY


All praise to God Almighty Who provided me with health, wealth, position and so many other things. I am seeing interviews/statements in papers, various e-mails and letters etc. where I find a lot of mudslinging and infighting which is not a healthy sign for IRPOF.

Mr. Bansal’s and my name has also been mentioned at certain places. As far as I am concerned you know as I stated at so many places that I have been on the peak for 14 years and you people and many seniors to you have given me lot of affection, love and respect. I am contended with that and I have no desire now to be above that position whatsoever it may be. I might have committed certain mistakes/taken some decisions which may not have brought results as expected but ‘to err is the man’ and I as the executive head of the Federation at that time I own the responsibility for all those things.

As far as Mr. Bansal is concerned nobody can deny the fact that he has contributed a lot to the Federation sincerely, I was on certain issues having difference of opinion with him but our differences did not surface and of course we referred these differences to our seniors with all the respect and obeyed their instructions. Mr. Bansal also might have committed certain mistakes, of course he is also a man, but as an executive of the Federation I own the responsibility for those mistakes also. Whatever the decisions right or wrong we have taken, in our view and according to our experience were in the interest of the federation. You know I am a religious person and I am accountable to God who knows my actions and my intentions very well. I seek His guidance to show me the right and straight path and forgive me for the wrongs I have done. It is according to His instructions only that I was and I am accountable to you also.

Certain persons have approached me to resolve this issue. I tried according to my competence and do not say that I have failed but I must accept that I could not get success. I am very much sure that such issues in a democracy can be tackled, controlled and solved by the people who are the members of the organization because they have got a say and the power to vote, whereas we seniors can only advice, suggest, pursue but cannot force our views that too in a democratic organization like IRPOF whose members are the experienced officers and back-bone of the railways.

My advice according to my little experience is that you people must come forward to discuss the issues at different levels and through certain very influential persons make the groups having infight or mudslinging to sit together and agree not to wash the dirty liniens in public otherwise the federation will be doomed and our future generations will suffer and curse us like anything. I am not shirking my responsibility by giving you this call but I feel that my this suggestion will be the proper course of action at this particular juncture. I am of course available for any help and advice whenever desired to save the federation. I feel that my only achievement was/is that the Federation which was recognized on paper was recognized practically and we all are taking the advantage of this recognition even today at apex level and zonal/divisional/units level. I am afraid that we are losing this practical recognition by our infight.

I once again seek your help and request you people to come forward and utilize your best of energy and influence to save the federation. May I further request you to pray to God to help me and guide me to right and straight path.

K. Hasan.
Advisor/IPROF

No comments: